PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
last update 12.6.2018
The European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT) will protect your personal information and will not share it with other people unless you give your consent.
The European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT), is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and aims to be clear and open about how your data is used. We will not share your personal information with other people unless you give your consent.
This policy explains what data – personal and anonymous – we collect from you and how we use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection, the data controller is the European Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT), Lunettenbaan 57, 3524 GA Utrecht. Officers for GDPR are Katy Grazebrook, secretary of EABCT, and Dinie Naezer-Heerschop, association manager of EABCT, firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on or from our site www.eabct.eu. This includes information provided at the time of applying for membership of EABCT, subscribing to our services, subscribing to our newsletters, surveys, or requesting further services.
• Information for accreditation certificates that reach us through your own association where you requested the certificate;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of your visits to our site, including which pages you visit and what you do. This is to enhance your experience of the site and for logged-in members to ensure access to restricted resources.
What data does EABCT collect?
Personal data of members of member associations:
• For member associations: Name and contact details (such as address, email, website, telephone).
• For representatives, presidents and contact persons of member associations: Name and contact details, your role (for instance, representative or president), your photograph..
• For board and committee members: name, address, email address and bank information and ID (in which the data contained on your identify document) if applicable, and for the period the board or committee member is in office. We need this data to process payments, register at the Chamber of Commerces, and or other legal issues.
• Name and residence of members of member associations who have requested to supply an EABCT accreditation certificate;
• For subscribers to our Newsletter: Names and email addresses.
WHAT DO WE USE THE DATA FOR?
• If you subscribe to our newsletter, we use this information to send you our 2-monthly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any moment.
• For representatives, presidents and contact persons of member associations: Their name, photograph and contact details are shared with all the other representatives, and on the EABCT website
• And naturally we want to address you personally when we send you post and news. As well as use the correct (email) address.
• If someone else signs an agreement on your behalf, we want to be sure that he/she has permission according to your associations’ rules to do so. So we keep a record of who is authorised to represent you on behalf of your association. (This only applies for associations which are in the process of organising an EABCT congress).
Google Analytics cookies help us to improve your experience of our site but are not essential to its basic functioning. We use these cookies to collect non-personal information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and to measure our effectiveness. They also enable us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Third party cookies
Facebook and Twitter cookies are examples of ‘third party’ cookies on our site. If you click a function on our website that is associated with these parties (e.g. to share or tweet a piece of information), they will place cookies on your computer. We do not take responsibility for these cookies, as to make use of these functions you will have already accepted the terms and conditions of use with the relevant party.
Yes. You can use a setting on your browser which allows you to refuse to accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you will be unable to use certain parts of our site and it may not work smoothly.
Different browsers have different instructions for managing cookies and you may also be able to accept certain cookies and not others. For example, you may be able to refuse third party cookies.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our members, partners and associates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
EABCT’s Third Parties
• Boei 17, our website host.
• Mailchimp, our Newsletter host.
• VGCt, our office host. EABCT’s data is stored on the VGCt server.